Cold Case Investigations  

Go Back   Cold Case Investigations > THE BOGGY MAN > DISAPPEARANCES: THE BOGGY MAN

DISAPPEARANCES: THE BOGGY MAN The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you will see. Winston Churchill

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Texaskowgirl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

While searching the archives, I do find reference (apologies if this sounds morbid) of an unidentified girl. Thus far, I haven't found a reference of her being identified (doesn't mean she wasn't). Her date of death is estimated as 7/28/68. I mapped the directions from Vernon to Troy......

(Click on Image to Enlarge)
Name:  _Troy_MI.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  27.6 KB


7/30/1968 Troy, MI
Seek Identity
Of Dead Girl
TROY (UPI)— The body of a
young girl was discovered near
the southbound Crooks Road
exit of I 75 here Monday, police said.
The girl, about 20 years old,
was unidentified and police said
investigators at the Michigan
State Police Crime Laboratory
were working on shreds of evi-
dence in an attempt to discover
who she was.
There were no indications that
the death was accidental or
caused by suicide, police said.
The girl had been dead about
two days when a truck driver
found her by the freeway.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-24-2008, 05:29 PM
BStandifer BStandifer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17
Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaskowgirl View Post
That would be great. Like Starless mentioned, the more information that could be added to resources like Doenetwork.org, the better chance in finding her. Right now, other than a photo, there's no real information about her, such as: Height, weight, dental (fillings, missing teeth, etc.), scars, broken bones in past, jewelry wearing, ears pierced?, birthmarks, clothing she was wearing or anything else that might help. More photos would be great too. If you can get them scanned, you can upload them here and we can assist you in getting them up on Doenet too.
still working on the dentals. I can say that she had a chipped front tooth but don't know which one exactly and she had a scar on her face like a pock mark where she stabbed with a pencil or pen, which side of face i don't know. looking for pics, no close ups but maybe i can crop and enlarge.......
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Texaskowgirl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStandifer View Post
still working on the dentals. I can say that she had a chipped front tooth but don't know which one exactly and she had a scar on her face like a pock mark where she stabbed with a pencil or pen, which side of face i don't know. looking for pics, no close ups but maybe i can crop and enlarge.......
What color are her eyes?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Texaskowgirl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

BStandifer,

This doesn't have anything to do with the case, but your sister was very stunning at age 13. Everytime I see her picture, it reminds me of the old pics of Barbara Streisand... Here's a side-by-side..... Maybe an age progressed image of your sister, would sort of favor Barbara (sans the nose)......

(click image to enlarge)
Name:  DStrickler_Streisand.JPG
Views: 7
Size:  13.7 KB
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 80
Default Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Its really not my place, but if you havent had a chance to read "A Time Line" ...(it's the sticky at the top of the CT Cases). Here is an excerpt you might find interesting:

1979
Connecticut State Police form a special task force to investigate the disappearance of several children including Janice Pockett, Dawn Cave, Mary Mount, Debra Sprickler, Kathleen Terry and Lisa Joy White.
March 1979
Charles E. Pierce confesses to the murder of 13-year old Michelle Wilson. Pierce is named as a suspect in the disappearance of Janice Pockett from Tolland, CT and is implicated in the murder of several children in the CT area.
November 1979
Charles E. Pierce is charged with the murder of Michelle Wilson. He pleads innocent and is committed to the Bridgewater State hospital in MA for observation.


...There's more but its worth reading the whole thing. If the CT State Police formed a Task Force in 1979, maybe the Vernon Police would be willing to provide names of the Officers involved. Some might be retired now and may be willing to discuss details with a family member. In 1999/2000, the FBI reopened several old cases when they were looking at Hadden Clarke but I dont know if Debra's case was one of them. Aside from Charles Peirce, Hadden Clarke and Harold Meade also operated in and around New Haven. Meade I know was active in 1968 at age 20. He attempted to abduct a young woman from Derby when he lived in Shelton, CT...

Last edited by Kevin; 07-24-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-24-2008, 09:34 PM
BStandifer BStandifer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 17
Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaskowgirl View Post
What color are her eyes?
Betty,



Debra’s NCIC record is one of the shortest I have seen. If the Vernon PD has any identifiers (fingerprints, dental records, and DNA) they are not reference in the record, as professionalism requires.



The record notes that she is missing “Involuntarily.” It reports that she is a White, 5’6”, 130 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing green polka dot shorts, white sleeveless blouse, and white sneakers.



A major problem I see is that the NCIC records notes that the DLC is “July 24, 1975,” then in a miscellaneous note states “Actual date missing is “July 24, 1968.” The problem with this is that the computers, and most persons glancing at this record, will rule out any matches for unidentified persons where the DBF (date body found), or when a living unidentified person was found wandering the street, before July 24, 1975 – eliminating seven years from the search dynamic.


this is the ncic information.......We may not be able to find dental records, although the doe network states there are records..How would I go about finding out who posted her on the doe network? Does anyone know?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Texaskowgirl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

The bottom of the Doenetwork page references a news article and this site, as references.. Don't know what the news article said or what on this site they used.. A lot of times its picked up from County or State Missing Persons sites, etc.

This new NCIC info and her number can be submitted though to Doe (if you have any other pics from around that time would be good too). You could ask Vernon PD if they have any dental records in her file and that you would like the info added to her NCIC record, I would think.

You really want to get that 1975 date out of the NCIC file, to ensure all matches are considered.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Starless's Avatar
Starless Starless is offline
Miss Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,280
Default Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Its really not my place, but if you havent had a chance to read "A Time Line" ...(it's the sticky at the top of the CT Cases). Here is an excerpt you might find interesting:

1979
Connecticut State Police form a special task force to investigate the disappearance of several children including Janice Pockett, Dawn Cave, Mary Mount, Debra Sprickler, Kathleen Terry and Lisa Joy White.
March 1979
Charles E. Pierce confesses to the murder of 13-year old Michelle Wilson. Pierce is named as a suspect in the disappearance of Janice Pockett from Tolland, CT and is implicated in the murder of several children in the CT area.
November 1979
Charles E. Pierce is charged with the murder of Michelle Wilson. He pleads innocent and is committed to the Bridgewater State hospital in MA for observation.


...There's more but its worth reading the whole thing. If the CT State Police formed a Task Force in 1979, maybe the Vernon Police would be willing to provide names of the Officers involved. Some might be retired now and may be willing to discuss details with a family member. In 1999/2000, the FBI reopened several old cases when they were looking at Hadden Clarke but I dont know if Debra's case was one of them. Aside from Charles Peirce, Hadden Clarke and Harold Meade also operated in and around New Haven. Meade I know was active in 1968 at age 20. He attempted to abduct a young woman from Derby when he lived in Shelton, CT...
Isn't your place ??? It's your place.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Starless's Avatar
Starless Starless is offline
Miss Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,280
Default Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStandifer View Post
Betty,



Debra’s NCIC record is one of the shortest I have seen. If the Vernon PD has any identifiers (fingerprints, dental records, and DNA) they are not reference in the record, as professionalism requires.



The record notes that she is missing “Involuntarily.” It reports that she is a White, 5’6”, 130 lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing green polka dot shorts, white sleeveless blouse, and white sneakers.



A major problem I see is that the NCIC records notes that the DLC is “July 24, 1975,” then in a miscellaneous note states “Actual date missing is “July 24, 1968.” The problem with this is that the computers, and most persons glancing at this record, will rule out any matches for unidentified persons where the DBF (date body found), or when a living unidentified person was found wandering the street, before July 24, 1975 – eliminating seven years from the search dynamic.


this is the ncic information.......We may not be able to find dental records, although the doe network states there are records..How would I go about finding out who posted her on the doe network? Does anyone know?
Great info !!! Thanks for posting this. That's another step ahead.

I contacted 2 libraries in the Mystic area. One could find nothing, waiting to hear from the other one.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Starless's Avatar
Starless Starless is offline
Miss Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,280
Default Re: Debra Spickler, 13, 7/24/68

Her height may have her being confused with an older female too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Debra Schmitt, CA Starless ELECTRIC ALERTS !!!!! 1 02-05-2011 04:57 PM
Debra Collins Starless ELECTRIC ALERTS !!!!! 0 12-07-2010 12:50 PM
Debra Houser Starless ELECTRIC ALERTS !!!!! 5 12-15-2009 06:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Any and All work done on this forum, officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com, is the property of the members therein. This does not include newspaper articles.